Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tarzan - Strangers Like Me (Hebrew+Subs)



What I do at night. ;-) Learning Hebrew from a child's perspective.

So I bought sheets for my apartment today. If you didn't know, I'll be staying with a (hopefully Israeli) roommate and living on campus of the Hebrew University. For the next month I will be in what they call an intensive Ulpan. It is basically a "everything you need to know about hebrew" course that prepares you to study in Hebrew in regular class sessions! Which will be a miracle considering it took me 6 months to be able to do that in Peru.

But hey, they say that in Israel you don't pray for miracles, you rely on them. Which I can say is pretty much true up to this point. We got a grandma who is scared of airplanes to fly 16 hours to see her long lost family. We got a farmer to take 3 weeks off when his longest vacation ever has been barely a week. God provided me with a host home for a week until I move in to my university apartment.

So now, we will just continue to learn "poco a poco" (little by little - in spanish) and expect a miracle. Every moment here gives me so many flashbacks back to Peru. Headaches. Everything is new. A complete reliance on God. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

Blessings,

לוק (Luke)

No comments:

Post a Comment