Thursday, January 17, 2013

Finding My Feet

:-) today I went and got a bus pass! Available for free to anyone (even tourists), it allows you to buy "rides" in bulk at a lower price than the expensive $1.75 normal ride. For students it even cuts the price in half! Quite worth it i would say. And the best part is that it allows you to take the tram as well, definitely opening up my travel capabilities. Here a glance my Israeli cards.




(Left-university card, middle-bus pass, right-a bonus points card for the mall)

You could basically say I'm a local. Haha no but serious, things like these didn't happen for me until months into my journey in peru... I'm learning!

It really has been fun to see how much I learned in peru while being here. Like knowing what places are good to go learn the language (markets, the poor, children, etc.), how to become local (bus passes, getting dollars out at an ATM and changing them with street money-changers, how to use sign language).

I even met a family today from Argentina that was lost on the tram. I think I gave the mother a heart attack when I asked them if they needed help (in Spanish). What an incredible adventure this has been.

Today I need prayer for my future here in Israel. I still have yet to decide on a return date and everyday in prayer God continues give me unease about going home. I keep feeling like He is telling me that I will be here longer than I thought I would. So who knows.

So many options. And I'm not going to lie, anyone Israeli under the age of 21 is required to serve in the army, the thought has definitely crossed my mind... Lets just say if I decide to get my dual citizenship, you might be reading a soldiers blog next year:-0 just a thought.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

Blessings,

לוק (Luke)

No comments:

Post a Comment