Sunday, June 24, 2012

that went fast.

So I kinda jumped off ship for a bit there. I guess that's what happens when your sister comes to visit. Yes, that would mean that Camille is now gone. She took off last night. Her flight being scheduled for 11 actually didn't get off the tarmac until 3!!! It was an interesting night. Guess God just wanted her to stay in Peru as well.

I HAVE 10 DAYS LEFT;-(

I can't describe how much of a weight that is on my heart. One of my best friends, Nina, takes off tomorrow to return to wisconsin. I honestly don't even want to attempt going to the airport. The good part is that I will see her about a week later in one of holly's concerts in Wisconsin. They bad news is that Aurelie won't. This friendship that has grown throughout the corners of Peru is going to be ripped apart tomorrow. Aurelie live in Belgium. But it feels like I have known her my entire life. Her and nina combined probably know more about me than anyone in the entire world. An exchange just does that to you.

I'm not ready for tomorrow.

As for the trip with Camille. It was stunning. From late night card games in freezing hostels, to climbing Waynapicchu (a mountain in Machu Picchu), to exploring the markets and there treasures. I felt like a traveller from National planet with my Lonely Planet in hand, my hiking backpack strapped tight, and speaking spanish with the locals (and my sister).  It was a great time for me to have with her. I have found out how much closer I have become with her even despite being so far away. Once a traveller, always a traveller. ;-) Here's a few more photos.

Camille with my family and my aunt;-)

Cuzco!!!!!

There was a huge festival in Cuzco, it was crazy.

The cuzcan flag, usually mal-interpreted for the gay flag. haha

An incredible restaurant with a great view.

A street in Cuzco!

Machu Picchu for the 3rd time this year;-)

Camille and Me Hiking;-)

The steps were stttttteeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Scary!

It was gorgeous.

Gorgeous again.

My last picture with my flag.;-(

;-)

Lake Titicaca.

Los Uros. Small floating Islands.

A floating 7th day aventist church on the lake!

:-( our last dinner with nina;-(

The hard days are to come... pray for all of us. God is still good;-)

Blessings,

Lucas

3 comments:

  1. I SOOOOO GLAD THAT YOU HAD A GRAND TIME WITH YOUR SISTER! PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel nauseous when I look at these pics. You have had such a wonderful year...wish you could live with both families and all those beautiful friends we met. Well your just gonna really have to be a world traveler in your adult life now!! God is good, If He didnt give you this amazing experience, you wouldn't have the goodbyes.. so He is good and the goodbyes are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its ABOUT TIME!!! I wanted to bug you so bad! I looked everyday for photos of you and Camille. So glad she got this time with you:) Praying for you're days threat are to come, BUT SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! So HAPPY GOD HAS BLESSED YOU SO MUCH THIS YEAR AND ALL THE MANY PEOPLE HE BLESSED YOU WITH!! Thank You God!!! See you soon

    ReplyDelete