Friday, July 1, 2011

heregoesnothing.

Just finishing packing my suitcase in preparation for L.A. We leave tomorrow morning at 5 o'clock. :-0 Mom and Dad are going with me and then we are going to meet Holly in Wisconsin afterwards for LIFEST!!! (Which I am singing at with Holly this year!!1:-0 )

You know, I can already feel it getting harder and harder to write on here, because of being busy with so many things... but I will try to keep you updated. ;-) But here is a thought I've been thinking about. As we continue to get busier and busier, what things are we putting on hold? These last few weeks with: graduation from Quincy, graduation from wenatchee valley, fixing up the house at crescent bar, talking at Rotary's district conference, Peru prepartations, learning spanish, practicing and getting ready for L.A., practicing for Lifest, trying to write my thank you cards for graduation presents, trying to write good bye notes to friends I won't see for a year, ect.... I have realized that life didn't just slow down after graduation. In fact, it is speeding up. There hasn't been nor will be a time to take a week off before I leave the country.

But that's not the point I'm trying to make. The point is, my life is getting busier, and your's probably is as well, but don't let that distract you from your time in the Word. From your time praying. From your time in fellowship. Don't forget to take time to build that relationship with Christ. Because above all those other things, the relationship between you and God is all that matters.

So as we venture into these next few weeks friends, let us remember to stay true to ourselves and our morals. Let us take time to remember the things that matter in life and not let go of them. I know this is probably a bit dramatic, but for me it is what is relevant at this moment.

I'm going to L.A. tomorrow... and I don't know what is going to happen. All I know, is that I am going to wake up tomorrow, and the next day, and the next with a desire to seek after the Lord. A brokenness that only He can fix. And if I don't remember that, then life is nothing. No matter what happens in L.A., my relationship with Christ must not change.

I'm praying for you if you are reading this blog, that we would both understand how important this relationship with God is before we die. That we would never stop searching for truth. And that we would never substitute anything for our time with Him.

Blessings,

Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment