Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What I Never Knew... (Revelstoke 2011)

 (Claire and I, she had never seen a small water bottle)
 (L-R: Me, Claire-Denmark, Jordan-Prosser, Johanna-Germany, Josh my roommate-Canada)
 An elaborate sign that I think some kid painted, it was awesome.
 The snow... soo high:-0
 Me and some of the Peruvian Exchange Students, I love you guys.
 Just an Onion box from Grigg Farms at the hotel in Canada;-)
 The group and what not... we got yelled at for not lifting the American flag :-0
So tired...:-)
WHAT I NEVER KNEW...
  1. ....... what it was like to have so many cultures represented in one room, it was like one big   family instantly brought together by the same thing, a love for culture itself. 
  2. ....... how quickly my mind connects what I think about a country based on the people I know from that country. (Something I definitely will be working on.)
  3. ....... how quick my mind connects what I think about a person based on the country they are from. 
  4. ....... the viewpoints people from outside of America have of America. Maybe we are right, maybe we are wrong, but what has been done in the past doesn't have to affect the future. 
  5. ....... that I could make some of the best friends of my life in less than three days and feel like I've known them forever.
  6. ....... that if I don't stick up for what I believe, then who will? 
  7. ....... that snow can be 20 ft high outside of a hotel in the middle of Canada.
  8. ....... people from Peru ARE SO FREAKIN AWESOME (Carolina and Julie) haha what did I say, I totally just based a country on people again. 
  9. .......  God could be so clear in the direction He has for my life.
  10. .......  Just because someone doesn't appear to care about something, doesn't mean that they don't. If I can have trouble speaking up about something, doesn't that mean they can too. We shouldn't expect things out of others we don't expect out of ourselves. 
  11. ....... That staying awake for so many days at a time can go by so fast when your with people who love all the same things you do. 
  12. ....... That not everyone from Canada says AYE, but almost all of them have an accent. 
  13. ....... That a 13 hour bus drive can go by in 2 hours if you are on a charter bus with a bunch of people you've never met yet know you love before you even say a word to them.
  14. ....... That there are people out there who like the same weird music that I do. (Josh)
  15. ....... THAT THERE COULD BE A GRIGG AND SONS ONION BOX BEING USED AS A STORAGE BOX IN A HOTEL IN CANADA! :-0
  16. ....... te amo Perú, te amo Perú, te amo Perú, te amo Perú!!!!!!!
  17. ....... that I can go through surgery, wake up, and still be just as hyped up about Perú.

This weekend at Revelstoke was ridiculously one of the coolest weekends of my life. The people I met will be lifelong friends, I can already tell. I've never been around so many people with the same passion as me.

Blessings,

Lucas






No comments:

Post a Comment