Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chistmas in Peru.

Hey everybody. So I told you all I would inform you a bit about the christmas project I am doing down here to see if you would like to donate to the cause, so... here's the facts.

This christmas I will be traveling all over Lima and all over Peru to poor districts where children don't have clean water, food is scarce, and most cases are living with single moms. There are about 6 districts we are trying to reach this christmas and would love your help to do that.

Right now, we are in the process of buying backpacks, filling them with essentials (food, water tablets, toothbrush, soap, etc...). Each backpack come down to about an amazing 8 soles (around 3 dollars) which is incredible. Our goal for this year is 11,000 dollars to be able to buy enough backpacks for the children in these 6 locations. Unfortunately, we only have half of that right now.

This christmas, on the 25th, I will be travelling to a town called Chimbote. Chimbote is considered the most dangerous town in Peru and highly up there on the list of most dangerous towns in the world. For this we will bring the children in the church in Chimbote, we will lock the doors, and then distribute the backpacks. (A poor town that is very dangerous mixed with a bunch of free food and essentials is not a good mix). So we will pass them out and let the kids go one by one.

I will be the only exchange student on this trip.

So, if nothing else, I would highly enjoy your prayers... but if you feel led please contact my mom (gailgrigg@gmail.com) or her cell (509)289-9089 for those of you who know her and she could help you with finding a way to get the donation to me. I know you guys have been following my blog and have seen how much Peru has blessed me this year. I'm just hoping to be able to do the same for them.

Either way, thank you for your support and prayers.

Blessings,

Lucas

1 comment: