Sunday, October 2, 2011

27 Hours and.... okay, my butt hurts. ;-)

Super tired, it's 1 o'clock here. Just thought I'd let you all know I made it home safe from my long trip to Chile. But let's just say the trip was llllllllloooooooooonnnnnngggggg. 27 hours in one bus to be exact. In case you don't understand that, that's 3 hours more than a whole day. Literally.

Granted, 6 hours we were stopped on the side of the rode. We were all asleep when the bus unexpectedley stopped at 2 in the morning... and no one woke up till 6. After waking, we asked the attendant why we were stopped. She said that the police had closed the highway down (since 2 in the morning) for a race that would take place around 7 consisting of only 15 cars. The entire highway, from Arequipa to Lima. That's over 15 hours of driving space!!!! Only in Lima. I'd never heard anything like it. The race was super boring too because there were about 3 minutes in between each car, and the final car was probably driving slower than our bus. But eventually we got to leave. jaja but hey, it was definitely a new experience.

It wasn't entirely aweful though, considering the seats were also beds that reclined to 180 degrees. It was almost magic. I couldn't believe it. We also had an abounding number of movies to watch on our individual screens (seriously, is this really a third world country?) but I couldn't watch over half of them due to their innappropriacy. haha.

It's so weird that my body longs for my bed in Peru now. I mean I'm sure it would long for any bed after so much time in a car... but it's just weird. Like this room is my home now. This is where even my self conscious wants to be.

And now I'm gonna go to bed. Last note. Received incredibly sweet letters from Jordan Sperl (exchange student in Germany) and Kit Field today. Reminded me that people are actually still alive out there outside of Peru, that my other life is actually real:-) Thanks guys! Goodnight!

Blessings,

Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment