Friday, October 18, 2013

Be Thou My Vision.

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart,
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best though, by day or by night.
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.


What a joy to know that the Lord is steadfast. Knowing that he is faithful.

Oh what joy.

I find myself yet again in the busiest time of my life. Yet I completely feel confident in this time that God is leading me more directly and noticeably than ever in my life. I don't say that because everything is perfect, or because everything is going smoothly.... because that would be a lie. Many of the uncomfortable situations or disappointments of the L.A. life are just as real as the great moments that you hear so much about. But, I know, that God is faithful, in the good and the bad, in the morning at and at night, when I am busy and when I am at rest. He remains the same. That encourages me so much.

With so many different situations and people in my life, it can sometimes get to the point (and I'm sure you've experience the same) where it feels as if you just can't live up to all the people's expectations, all their wants and needs.

Let me tell you... YOU CAN'T.

That is what is beautiful about our Savior. He has NO expectations. He is love. He is joy. He is peace. He is patience. IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. When we are happy, He is joy. When we are sad, He is still Joy! He doesn't expect you to love Him, yet He will forever be pouring out His love for you. It is so beautiful.

And the best thing about it. The more and more you learn (and I) how open and non-expecting the Lord is of you, the more you are drawn to run to Him.

I'm not sure how much sense I am making at this point. I think I'll just have to write a song about it because that seems to always help the words flow more easily.

Be encouraged in Christ. Run to the cross. See that while here on earth we are actually seated in the Heavenlies at the right hand of the Father. We are perfect in Christ. So now, it is just up to us to grab ahold of that power, and create some change in this world.

Blessings,

Luke Grigg

No comments:

Post a Comment