Friday, August 5, 2011

friends in high places... (completed my first week)

Word of the day: ratito = one moment, a moment

Wow. I can't believe I've already been here for a week. I know that's not very long, but wow... crazy.

Yesterday was incredible. I started the day out by going to basically downtown Lima with my host family to buy sweatshirts for all the exchange students. We went to the 8th floor of this building and it was basically a factory there were tons of people making shirts, sweatshirts, and even PANTS! Look!



After that, we got ready for the big grand event;-) The 1st reunion of all the exchange students. It was soo cool. From the dancers, to the food, to me having to sing jazz in front of a bunch of people I didn't know... it was incredible. We exchange pins and my rotary jacket went from being 7 pounds to probably around 20. It is soo cool now:-) Here are some photos:-)











It's such a weird feeling meeting so many people from all over the world. Especially right after you sang for them. ;-) The singing went really well. I will put parts of it in my next video for you all. I have been so blessed by all Peruvians down here. Honestly, it is like a million copies of my grandma starr... in every way. Everyone is so excited and nice, and talking to me in different languages;-) I learned a little French last night and evidently I don't have too bad of an accent ;-)

By the way did I tell you that one of my friends from Belgium here speaks 5 languages?... She is pretty much the translator for the entire group.

I love Lima.

Blessings,

Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment